Applications have been reopened for the vacant position, Support Organization representative. Applications will remain open until the position is filled.
Support organization representative definition, per 15182(a)(5) of the Education Code: For a community college district, one member shall be active in the support and organization of a community college or the community colleges of the district, such as a member of an advisory council or foundation.
Interested in volunteering? Here’s a brief overview of what’s involved:
- Meeting frequency: Quarterly (four meetings per year)
- Time commitment: 1-year and 2-year terms, with the option for renewing
- Purpose: To ensure the District is expending bond proceeds only for the purposes set forth in Measure X, as approved by the voters
What usually happens at these meetings?
- Committee members receive updates from staff on recent activity related to the bonds.
- Committee members review expenditure reports on a quarterly basis.
- Occasionally there are site tours (optional), allowing committee members to see new and upcoming projects firsthand.
- Once a year, the committee issues an annual report outlining their activities and conclusions regarding the expenditure of bond proceeds.
Do I qualify for the Committee?
- Employees, vendors, contractors, and consultants of the Gavilan Joint Community College District are prohibited by law from being members of the Committee.
- Ideal candidates will possess any combination of knowledge in the District, local community involvement, experience in finance/budgeting, and/or community relations. The President’s office reviews applications, selects candidates and makes recommendations to the Board of Trustees. Members of the Committee are appointed by the Board of Trustees.
- Support Organization Representative
If you are interested in serving on the Gavilan Measure X Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee, please complete and submit the online application below:
Alternately, you may mail or deliver the printed application to:
Office of the President
Gavilan Joint Community College District
5055 Santa Teresa Blvd., Gilroy, CA, 95020
Completed applications become public records and cannot be kept confidential by law. Should you have any questions, please call (408) 848-4711.